Thursday, August 17, 2006

|

still here. it's been a long week at work - long and good, but also filled with the reality of the depth of depravity that exists in the world. tomorrow evening i leave for our church's womens' retreat. i'm glad. the poor state of fidel castro's health has increased media interest in cuba, and, in turn, my interest. i've always wanted to go there, and now i'm determined to learn as much as i can about the island. my closest brush with it was seeing it in the foggy, twilight distance from our cruise ship last year. right now i'm listening to "buena vista social club," and trying to decide if i should try to hone my spanish or my hindi. any thoughts? wherever we end up some day, i hope it's in the tropics and by the sea. it's bed time. sweet dreams.

1 Comments:

At 8/19/2006 11:12:00 AM, Blogger Angie said...

There is a refugee family in our church from Cuba. I too have been more interested in the country since meeting them. I too am glad you plan to move to the tropics; I love vacationing in warm places and seeing people I love at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home