Sunday, August 20, 2006

|

last night we went to the cheap movies with our little household family plus three. this is one of the funniest, most purely entertaining movies i've seen in a long time. i laughed a lot, and there is little in it to offend anyone, unless you're bothered by the occasional on-screen fart. this weekend was also our church's women's retreat. it was good - good teaching, good opportunities to talk with people i didn't know before. it also deepened my longing for more true women friends here. i have amazing sister-friends, but most of them are in other places. but how do i get to make deeper friendships here between work and school and marriage? any and all suggestions would be appreciated. (don't get me wrong - i've met some pretty incredible women. it's just hard to be patient sometimes while new friendships grow.) tomorrow a new boy starts on my team, and he'll be shadowing me for four weeks solid. it should be interesting - i like to be independent and work on my own. this will be good for me. but wish me - and him - luck!

2 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 08:35:00 PM, Blogger Cowells said...

When it comes to films, I can handle graphic violence, crude cursing and and offensive sacrilege. But flatulence? No way Jose. Thanks for the warning so I know to skip this one.

(-:

 
At 8/20/2006 11:55:00 PM, Blogger nikkip said...

i LOVED nacho libre! i can't wait to take my daughers to see it. you're right that there's nothing offensive in it.

as far as fostering friendships, i think that if it's really important to you, you should schedule it into your life. but believe me, i understand that feeling of waiting for a new friendship to grow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home