Thursday, July 06, 2006

|

love is in the air


fmaily portrait, circa 1980
Originally uploaded by amy joy.
32 years ago today, my parents got married. happy anniversary, andy and joy! this is only picture i have on my computer that is close to that time. aren't we a happy (albeit poorly lit) family? seriously, my parents did an amazing job of maintaining stability in our home, and their marriage has been a great example of commitment for me. thank you for that, mom and dad. here's to 32 more years!

my parents are coming to visit at the end of the month. i'm exceptionally excited about it.

in other marriage-related news, my dear sister-in-law, ashley, is engaged! congratulations ashley and jerry! i'm so glad that both of them are a part of our family. they are both wonderful, mature, kind people, and i have no doubt that their marriage will be strong and stable and fun. i love you guys!

so, exciting family events are happening. there are other exciting things happening, too, but i think a big anniversary and a new engagement deserve their very own post tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home